Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I finally have a training focus. My workouts are usually hit and miss unless I have a significant race that I've signed up for. A lot like life, don't you think? Anyway, I signed up for Ironman Coeur D' Alene 2008. I did not think I would do another Ironman race for several more years, but I feel like I need to go in this direction. After much thought and prayer, my family is also encouraging me in this endeavor. I am Jenny's unofficial coach as she prepares for her first sprint triathlon this summer. I'll keep you posted. Marshall

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That is so awesome about Jenny. Give her my best!

Pete (Bib# 70) Hagen said...

This is awesome! I'm so glad you've chosen to document this journey. You & your family are in our prayers!!

Might I also suggest that you sign up for the Janus Charity Challenge. It's really easy (I can help you with it too) and you'll find that the added meaning of helping so many others will motivate you on those days when you wonder why you want to go 140.6 in 1 day :) Plus, you'll get to park your bike with the pros, get quick check-in at the race and also get a nice IM race singlet. If you start doing it now, you'll find that it's no inconvenience whatsoever. The greatest blessing we can receive is the ability to help others :) You just have to figure out your favorite 501c charity.

I really want to come see you...I'm going to look into this. It looks like I would have to fly into Spokane, right?